Monday, August 31, 2009

SPOTLIGHT: Tracy Heller

Each week we will be picking three (3) members to spotlight to tell their alzheimer's story and why they are running in this year's New York City marathon. Check in each day or week for new updates on who will be spotlighted and get to know your teammates...(each person is picked at random)

SPOTLIGHT: Tracy Heller

I wanted to run the marathon for the Alzheimer's Association because of the risk of Alzheimer's to all my family members. My great-grandmother and both her sisters suffered from Alzheimer's. While I was not yet born when this occurred, and have been fortunate enough not to have experienced Alzheimer's first-hand, the risk to my mother and her three sisters is great, and my entire family has been involved in fundraising for Alzheimer's in the hope that a cure is close.

I decided to run the NYC Marathon because I love to run, but have never before committed to a marathon. I also LOVE the City of New York, and I thought there was no other city I would rather be the backdrop to my first marathon experience. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment