Wednesday, September 2, 2009

SPOTLIGHT:Peter Mazzone

Each week we will be picking three (3) members to spotlight to tell their alzheimer's story and why they are running in this year's New York City marathon. Check in each day or week for new updates on who will be spotlighted and get to know your teammates...(each person is picked at random)

SPOTLIGHT: Peter Mazzone

I am connected to the Alzheimer's disease through my brother's girlfriend Meghann, who has had multiple family members suffer from the disease. Through Meghann, I have seen the great things the Alzheimer's Association has done to help cure the disease and assist families that are affected by it. This charitable organization truly fills a great need in NY, and I am very proud to be a supporter of it. And running a marathon for this cause is an added bonus. I was thinking about running the NY Marathon before hearing about this opportunity from Meghann. But after I heard that both Meghann and my brother, Charles, would also be running, I jumped at the chance to be involved. I ran a marathon 4 years ago, and I knew I had one more race in me. My goal is to finish and enjoy the experience as much as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment