Thursday, October 17, 2013

Spotlight: Jen Pottheiser

Each week we will be picking members to spotlight to tell their Alzheimer's story and why they are running in this year's New York City marathon. Check in each day for new updates on who will be spotlighted and get to know your teammates...(each person is picked at random)

It has been about 15 months since my mom, Teddi was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s so she is in the early stages of the disease. She is an energetic and vibrant woman at 73 and Alzheimer’s has not yet robbed her of her being.  I’m not ever sure what she will remember from the past and I’m not sure what she will know a year from now or even an hour from now. But on November 3rd when Team Teddi runs the NY Marathon with Athletes To End Alzheimer’s, she will definitely know that she is surrounded by people who love her and who are fighting this disease with her. It is a gift I wish we didn’t have to give my mom but one we will be honored to share with her. The support we have seen in the past year and a half is astounding and I hope that it continues for the rest of our journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment