Sunday, July 29, 2012

Spotlight: Stacey & Mitch Edenbaum

Each week we will be picking members to spotlight to tell their Alzheimer's story and why they are running in this year's New York City marathon. Check in each  Wednesday, Friday and Sunday for new updates on who will be spotlighted and get to know your teammates...(each person is picked at random) 

My mom w her four daughters
My name is Stacey Edenbaum, I live in Chappaqua, NY and I am 41 years old.  I am a mother of 3 children ages 5,10, and 13...my husband Mitch and I are both running in the NYC marathon as part of this team to raise money and awareness..seven years ago my mother Sandra Ryzoff  began to show signs of Alzheimer's Disease and it went downhill from that point very fast..For a while, she was able to enjoy her children and grandchildren however, her physical and mental abilities declined rapidly..To see her struggle, was the most difficult thing for me because I felt so helpless..Being a mother myself of three young kids, I knew how important it was to be there by my moms side as often as I could...The last three years my mother had no quality of life whatsoever and to watch her in this condition was so painful for her four daughters..I am the youngest of four girls and we have all supported each other throughout these difficult times...Unfortunately, this past April, my mother passed away at the age of 79..
    
Myself with my mother
My husband and I have always discussed one day running the NYC marathon together.  We both felt that this would be a great opportunity to honor my mothers memory and raise money to help fight this cause...We look forward to this challenge and meeting all the members of the team....

No comments:

Post a Comment