Sunday, September 6, 2009

SPOTLIGHT: Benjamin Farley


Each week we will be picking three (3) members to spotlight to tell their alzheimer's story and why they are running in this year's New York City marathon. Check in each day or week for new updates on who will be spotlighted and get to know your teammates...(each person is picked at random)

SPOTLIGHT: Benjamin Farley

I am running for the foundation as my wifes grandma had Alzheimers and my grandma suffered from dimentia. Auguste was on the junior committee for some time so the fundraising is very important to both of us to find a cure.

I have played team sports all of my life and have always admired the challenge of the marathon without ever doing it. What better challenge than taking on the NY marathon for the first time.

We just had our first child in june and I want to make sure that this disease is cured he will never have to experience directly or indirectly.

I am from Australia and have been living in NYC for 3.5 yrs now and have watched the marathon every year up in central park and every year I have always said that I would do it the following year, well I guess this is the year...I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment